Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Pre-Spring Mood Swings have started!


The ones where I get excited when I look at the seed catalog and feel the slightest warmth from a sun ray and then I look outside to the grey skies and snow flakes floating by the window and get all sad and blah-ey again.

This is usually the time when I start shopping for bright coloured-yarns and making
crazy clown socks for the Irishman.
To curb the potential danger of this shopping spree (shah!) I spent a little time at www.bastelundhobbykiste.de on Monday and ordered a couple of things to cheer me up. First I found the Spring 06 Interweave Knits (yes, in Germany!!!) and then I finally located a Dale of Norway kids pattern book. A Spin-Off book on socks caught my eye and a hand-painted skein of Opal for €8!!! Nice rainbow colours to chase away the blues :)


To distract myself, I'm going to focus on finishing my Olympic Self-designed gloves.
Gold is a nice, bright colour, isn't it??

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    They are looking great, don't give up now!!

    ReplyDelete