Monday, January 31, 2005

5 Balls of Furry Goodness!

5 Balls of Alpaca and 1 week later and I got myself a brand new scarf!



I started with the block pattern from Vogue Knitting on the Go and then changed to the fake-cable thingie, but I wasn't too impressed with that - it repeated a bit too often for my taste and was only one sided. So I doubled the strands, cast on 34 stitches and cabled both front and back after increasing the space between repeats. I'm also much happier with the slipped edge stitches - fancy schmancy!

And because this is one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in a week or so - snowy pictures of the house - we're signing papers this Thursday and then we can start the Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! dance :)


I also have a sock update picture - the scarf stole a bit of time, but I did get a bit done this weekend. I already bought a couple more balls of this stuff on Ebay tonight (no pink!) - I think we might have a new favourite patterned sock yarn in the household.


sock update

No comments:

Post a Comment