Friday, January 28, 2005

Cutesie Wootsie

Sockie wockie



Aren't these colours just too cute for words. Actually it's just the pink that looks bubblegum pukey to me. Luckily Fortissima put it next to a grey so that at least it doesn't look like I bought a Barbie Learn to Knit Kit.

They still feel good to knit and the intended recipient, a very spirited Scottish nurse in Dublin, looks good in these colours and will hopefully be distracted by the great "wicking" action.

The alpaca has found a purpose as a blockish scarf from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Scarves book, but I'm not married to the idea. The more I knit with this stuff, the more I don't want to stop touching it. Which makes me think that maybe a scarf with tassles would suit me better - I can't believe this has become my major criteria for a scarf pattern: something with tassles so that I can still play with the yarn post bind off.

Maybe I'll dream something up, I need to take a nap to be fresh for the Fasching (German for Karnival) Party this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment