Wednesday, October 27, 2004

More Irish Pictures and Spinning Hopes

In the kitchen, getting all spiffied up. Owen, Pat (Dad) and Mark (Bridegroom)

Before the ceremony trying to shake off the nerves in front of the church. Pat, Mark, Owen, Jonny and Cian is up front.


In recent news, I got an email yesterday that the Franken Spinning Group is meeting up again Nov 13. It's a regional German spinning group I found online that meets bi-monthly. I have to bring a buffet item, wool to occupy myself and good humour. Starts at 10 in the morning and ends officially "whenever" - I wonder if there's alcohol involved? Think I'll pack away a bottle of rum and a liter of Coke just in case. Right next to the carding combs. Oh and I'm cooking up a pot o' my famous chili and cornbread. Hope it's not too spicy for them.
Can't wait for this meetup! I did a bit on the drop spindle one afternoon in Yarmouth this July and haven't seen another human being spin since then. The first couple of spindles off of my Ashford Traveler (€150 off of EBay!!) were pretty pathetic and not wearable. I hope I can spin something skin-worthy come November 14th. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment