Friday, October 08, 2004

3, 2, 1.....Liftoff

Cian's got a brand new "pulli" to wear in Ireland. We leave tomorrow morning and fly from Munich to Dublin for two weeks to stay with Dave's family and celebrate the wedding of his brother Mark to a lovely girl named Anne. I can't tell you how excited I am about this trip!!

Knit from Lena Stengard's Nursery Knitting. It's a book that intimidated me the first time I saw it, but I ended up making my 2nd sweater ever from her "Cricket Knits" section. And now that I've knocked this out, it's becoming on of my favorites.
Cian looooves trying new clothes on - he prefers when they are red, pink or yellow, but this blue was nice enough to get his approval. Talk about a lucky kid, this Gedifra Merino De Luxe is oh-so-soft and will keep him nice and cozy in the land of rain and cool temps. If HRH Harlot thinks her house is cold, the Irish could give her a run for her money. I made sure both kids had new full-length flannel 'jammies and I am trying to figure out why I didn't think to knit some slippers.


My sister asked for everyday pictures from Ireland - kitchens, kids, chip shops and everything - so I hope to be posting while away. But this will all depend on scattered internet access and hangover severity. If you hear nothing, I'll be full of craic and photos in two weeks ("craic" is said like crack but means news or info - instead of "what's up?" the Irish ask "any craic?" or "anyting strange?" - phone calls to the Old Country always crack me up!)
Wish me fun - Slainté!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment