Friday, July 22, 2005

The Doubter

I hemmed and hawed for way too long over a pattern for my gorgeous soft-linen-copper-wire find in Erlangen. Jean suggested the Feather and Fan shawl and I gave it a try the other night...



















Not bad, eh?

I really thought this pattern looked too old-fashioned at first glance and I searched through half a billion patterns on the 'net before finally casting this on to check out the effects. And now I could kick myself for waiting so long because I am thinking it would be a super present for a friend who's returning to Florida next month. Something to keep her shoulders warm in the air-conditioning and draped over a sundress on the beach at night.....*sob* Frankie, take me with you!!

Seriously, though - I searched through tons of patterns, because Jean's first and only suggestion was this pattern. It's like she just knew. And I know there's no one out there who can just look at yarn and suggest the perfect pattern in, like, minutes. There's no way she could have been right...and, yet, here I am concurring. (can one really be concurring or does one just simply concur???) which means, Jean might be onto something here.....

Jean, I'm so sorry I ever doubted you; could you please come back to visit and take a look at the rest of my stash???

3 comments:

  1. This is freakin' gorgeous!

    In Retarded Novice Knitter news, I can now do something other than knit in a straight line. I can PURL in a straight line. Check me out. (Someday I'll teach you.)

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:08 PM

    lol. Glad it worked out so nicely. You're doing a beautiful job. Trust me when I say it was just a lucky hunch or I wouldn't have so much yarn in my stash with no plans!

    ReplyDelete