Monday, September 27, 2004

Thrum Thrum Thrum Your Mitt


Here's a pretty little picture of my pretty little thrum world.
I decided not to sit in the corner but to try and start the mittens tonight - give it the ol' college try. The Fleece Artist directions scared the bejesus out of me at first, but after the first thrum row I found it to make a lot more sense in person than on paper.
Turns out the tought part is getting the roving off of the roving roll. "Simply pull a 4 inch lock of roving off and...." turns out to be on par with "to build a house, simply pull a board of wood off of this tree and ..." I figure I'll get the Irishman to pull off the roving for me (a couple of well-placed "oh my, what big muscles" comments and this house will be floating in roving tufts).
Speaking of tufts. Is it me or does my mitten look like one of those troll dolls that use to be all over the place?

Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily....

No comments:

Post a Comment