Friday, April 20, 2007

Sugar Rush


Just finished Erika's jacket for her first communion. At the beginning, I wasn't sure if I had enough white for the trim, so I perused the other colours in my stash. This lead to the great idea of using a contrasting colour for the trim. I just didn't realize it would look so much like icing on a cake. I spent last Sunday at my friend Claudia's house so that she could try and twist my fingers into something capable of crochet. It didn't catch on instantly and I obviously need to work on making my stitches even, but I'm still glad I pushed myself. I can't imagine this thing without the crochet edge. Maybe I could practice with a few granny squares this weekend.
Now.....just need to search out some buttons and pop this little darling in the mail to Florida.

I also received a lovely addition to my Knit Accessories Stash. Claudia found these clips to help with marking, clipping sides together for sewing up and just general project decoration. I never thought I'd be into something as cutsie as ladybugs, but they look soooo cool on the clips, don't they.

That's all the news there is my neck of the woods. Other than I got hired, quite suddenly, last week to teach Business English at a nearby University. The classes take place in a computer lab (very cool!) and my class-load went from 2 to 4 in about 3 seconds. I'm half jazzed, excited, thrilled and half terrified. I just hope I'm not standing at the front of the class, looking like a deer in headlights, ha ha.

3 comments:

  1. It's so sweet looking! Great job with the crochet edging too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I haven't been around! That jacket is adorable!!! Great job on the crochet. Warning-it's very addictive. Oh and congrats one more time on the job-I'm impressed. I can so imagine the panic in that poor deer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jacket is looking fabulous, and well done with the crochet edging, I never crochet either and certainly need to practise, but your edging looks superb Well done, I love the ladybird clips too they are so cute

    ReplyDelete