Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Gun-Jumping

So I finally got my copy of Mason-Dixon Knitting yesterday and I'm thinking I possibly got ahead of myself with the sock-leftover-knitting. After seeing the log cabin quilt in the book, I figure the same can be done with my sock leftovers. Knit a square, pick up the stitches on the side and knit a rectangle, pick up the stitches from the side of that and repeat until it's big enough to keep me warm.
I could alternate light/darks or solid/patterns and knit myself up a pieced masterpiece. Might not be enough leftovers when I get to the bigger pieces, but then again: why not knit up smaller log cabin pieces and sew together.......like a log cabin neighborhood!
ooh, I can see all sorts of possibilities with this one....the swatching will definitely have to start today.
Any ideas blogland?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:33 AM

    Oh gosh-I love the idea. I have no ideas but I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete