Tuesday, January 30, 2007

F is for Fascinating

Today, F is for fascinating. I've seen people doing some sort of alphabet thing in different blogs and haven't exactly figured out the pattern, but I decided today was an "F" to amuse myself AND because I'm really freakin excited about this whole modular knitting thing. Sunday night I finally started something I've been eyeing up for a while, the Tamareh shawl/scarf/drapey wrap.
I read the directions for the whole modular thing and it sort of makes sense. I mean, it's written in clear English, English is my mother tongue and I understand the whole "first 49 stitches" and "last 49 stitches" thing - but this is proving very difficult to imagine, so I'm knitting as fast as I can to see the how it all works out. It's like a knitting mystery......


Oh, gee, I just realized that my stitch marker is showing (how scandalous!!). I was trying to keep this on the down-low so as not unleash obnoxious bragging into Blogland, but since my little rose has peeked her nose into the photo, I get to show off my new original Kimberly in Berlin stitch markers. It all started when I forgot my only KIB strawberry at Mum's in Nova Scotia and begged Kim to stop her incredibly busy life, teaching job, mother of two, knitter and spinner extraordinaire and loving wife and make me another strawberry right this instant. To my surprise, she did actually stop the world and make me another strawberry, AND a little rose, AND a very Franconian beer mug and the sweetest little Georgia Peach Sunday Go To Meetin's Hat.
Thank you Kimberlolly!!! And there's another little thank you on it's little postal way to your door :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know now that I love you!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:28 PM

    What cute little stitch markers, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete